In the third edition of The Costume Technician's Handbook, Rosemary Ingham and Liz Covey once again draw upon their many years of hands-on experience in costume design and technology. Now they add information gleaned across the country from shop managers and staff about their methods and supplement it with images of some of the very best theatrical costume work to be seen today. And they continue to provide the most complete guide to developing costumes that are personally distinctive and artistically expressive.
Ingham and Covey have been attentive to technical developments as well to keep you up to date and ready for action. They have expanded their book to include:
This companion website will provide a continually updated source list of booksellers, useful publications and addresses, costume societies, and shopping guide. In order to access an individual source list, just click on one of the options that appears on the black menu bar at the top of this page.
- two new chapters on costume shop management and the use of computers in costume shops
- instructions for using new materials
- a substantial updated bibliography
- lots of brand-new color and black-and-white photographs
- new appendixes on mathematics for technicians, health and safety standards, and much more.